Silhouettes of children are timeless! They make wonderful gifts for any holiday, birthday, or event.
This order includes ONE (1) individual silhouette painting. You may choose if you want your painting to be on paper, stretched canvas or canvas board. The stretched canvas is about 1/2" thick; it would be beautiful both framed and unframed. Canvas board is significantly thinner than stretched canvas. It can fit in a normal picture frame. Paper is the more traditional style and it can be easily framed.
These silhouettes are NOT digital images. These are individual drawn and hand-painted. Any subtle variations in color/tone add to the charm of the piece.
To order a silhouette, choose the size of the silhouette, the type of material you want, and the direction you want the portrait to face. Once you order your portrait, you will need to email me several photos of your child(ren). I will be happy to go over your photos with you and see which one works best.
Here is how to take a photo of your child(ren):
- Hold the camera to the ear level (almost like you're taking a photograph of their ear).
- Take the photo (natural light works best)
- Make sure your photo shows the following: your child's nose, mouth, chin, hair, neck, upper torso
- Longer hair tends to look best when pulled into a ponytail or bun
You may e-mail your photos to me here: firstname.lastname@example.org
All silhouette paintings are black with an unpainted background. You may choose the following options to customize your silhouette painting:
- 5" x 7" ($30)
- 8" x 10" ($40)
- 9" x 12" ($50)
- 11" x 14" ($60)
- Stretched Canvas (1/2" thick; can be framed or unframed)
- Canvas Board (thin enough to be framed in a picture frame)
Individual Silhouette Painting
Because these are unique commissions, they are non-refundable.
All silhouette paintings are shipped via USPS. Please allow 3-5 business days for shipping.